Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Yet another misread. With witnesses.

The other day I was taking Killian's friend Torin home and we passed a sign.

I immediately turned the car around so I could read it again.

Torin: What's going on? Did you forget something?

Me: I...um...need to see what that sign says.

Killian: (looking at Torin) Bet she read it wrong.

Yes, dear readers. I did read that sign wrong.

Killian: (reading aloud as we passed it again):Cash For Disabled Autos - Running or Not. (Smirking at me) What did you think it said?

Me: (muttering) Cash for Authors - Writing or Not.

Killian: Isn't that a Freud thing? No wonder you needed to turn around and reread it.

Yep. That's the one I have. 









3 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, that was a good one! :D

kaenar said...

In our house, we wouldn't call that a Freudian slip. It's referred to as a Freudian negligee. That's bigger, sexier than just a slip and a bit scarier thinking about the way the synapses are working.

Kris Norris said...

I need to have a sign like that too... the Cash for Authors one... gotta love that boy...