Monday, November 15, 2010

Weirdass Dream and Interview

Yes...I'm afraid it's that time again. Time for another unfortunate journey into Bron's subconscious.

So I woke up completely pissed off this morning, and here's why.

I dreamt that I was cleaning our ginormous walk-in closet. This thing was as big as a freaking room. I needed to hurry, because I had to be on time for a meeting with the Department of Social Services (DSS). It seems we were without insurance and I had to go down and apply.

I made it there (in time) with my carload of donations for Goodwill (I guess that's why I was cleaning out the closet) and I was told I couldn't meet with the people about getting insurance because one of the children was having a birthday party, but I could go have cake while I waited.

Never being one to turn down cake...even in my dreams...sigh...I followed the party noises into a large room. There were kids on one side of the room, very well dressed jumping on silk upholstered furniture and drinking juice out of wine and martini shaped juice-glasses and opening super expensive (and apparently unneeded - "I already have three x-boxes, mommy!") gifts.

I sat down awkwardly with some of the moms and listened to conversations about holiday vacations while everyone stared at their cake, refusing to eat it because they were too full from their cob salads. Whatevs. I ate the damn cake. While they were all discussing their vacations and the upcoming holidays, there was another group of moms and kids who were all standing outside the building in the snow and sleet watching the kids playing at the birthday party waiting for their turn to come in and apply for assistance. The non-cake eating moms sat and made snide comments while the caseworkers played on Facebook instead of letting them come in from the cold and helping them.

I ended up going home and admiring my lovely, clean, organized walk in closet and then the alarm rang. Sigh. I woke up pissed at the state of healthcare in our nation, pissed at the moms in my dream and pissed because not only do I not have a walk in closet, the one I do have isn't clean or organized. Grrrrrr.

If you've stayed with me this far, you should come and visit my kitties. Jody (aka Typing Slave) and Meankitty interviewed my cats over at their blog. I'd love it if you stopped by and said hi! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay lady, first of all don't even get me started on the state of healthcare in this country. I'm one of those without and have been for quite some time now. Can't afford to buy it either. >.<

Okay, on to less explosive topics. I'd have eaten the damned cake, too ... as loudly and obnoxiously as possible. Heh I actually dreamed last night myself, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was about. Usually, I don't sleep long or deep enough to get to that state of sleep you need to reach in order to dream. When I do, however, I end up with nightmares. Nice, huh? Why can't I dream about those big, sexy men I love so much to read about? How is that fair? :P

Anyway, I'll be moseying over to check out that other blog you mentioned and give some kitteh love. Hope the rest of your day goes well.

Chris said...

I hate dreams that leave me cranky in the morning! Hopefully the feeling passed as the day went on...

Genella deGrey said...

Hehe! Cute interview - but STRANGE dream!
XOX
G.

Kris Norris said...

Maybe next time you could dream doing my laundry or something... then I'd have a reason why it isn't done... does that make a weird kind of sense?

Nothing worse than a restless night that only leaves you crankier... and I certainly don't need more of that...it's like I'm on permanent PMS...

hugs, and hope the dreams turn sexy instead.