Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Self Interview - ala James Lipton


What’s your favorite word?  - I can’t pick just one…bother, preternatural, ethereal, sleep.

What’s your least favorite word? Moist, phlegm, pus, NASCAR.

What turns you on? – A good sense of humor, intelligence, a guy’s strong hands and forearms (What? Like I wasn’t gonna get a little shallow here!?) oh, and musicians. Love a guy who can play guitar and piano…and sing. (Yeah, the parade of shallow continues.)

What turns you off?  - Competitiveness, the need some people have to belittle others to make themselves feel better about themselves, and people who use “revisionist history” when telling their story.

What sound do you love? Waves – crashing waves, lapping waves – there’s nothing I find as soothing as waves. Close runners up are purring cats, laughing babies, thunderstorms, wind through leaves and rain on a tin roof. 

What sound do you hate? My neighbors screaming at each other, NASCAR, crowd sounds at sporting events, the awful buzz of fluorescent lights, yodeling – sorry, Jewel..,

What’s your favorite curse word? Fuck in all its varied and splendid forms. 

What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? I used to always say teaching high school English. But given the state of Michigan school systems, I’m feeling less and less that way. Maybe…a potter – or a librarian or a costume designer. 

What profession would you not like to do? Anything involving math. Or team building exercises.

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? Good job! You did pretty well with that whole being kind thing and your kids are awesome people – great momming, there. 

Dog or cat person? I like other people’s dogs. But I’m a cat person through and through.

Coffee or tea? Both, but if forced to choose, I’ll go with tea every time.

Star Wars or Star Trek? Again, I like both, but Star Wars wins. Well, the original three do, anyway.

Buffy, Angel or Firefly? Buffy and Firefly. Love them. To pieces. 

Pirate or ninja? Pirate. It’ll always be pirate.

Morning or night person? It depends on what my schedule is. I like both – but if I had to chose, morning. 

Procrastinator or get things done early? Ha! I am the Queen of Procrastination.

Introvert or extrovert? I’m sort of an outgoing introvert. I genuinely like being with people, but I also need to recharge by myself afterword. I seriously enjoy alone time.

What do you like best about writing? I like when the words are flowing, and I love when I get to a point in a story and I discover that I set something up in the beginning that perfectly meshes with what I’m writing at the moment and it was totally unplanned. I feel like my subconscious is totally looking out for me.

What do you like least? Being interrupted while I’m working. It’s super frustrating because sometimes I have a hard time getting back into it. 

Click the names below to check out the other WR bloggers' answers!  

Jess 
Kellie
Kris
Leigh 
Gwen

2 comments:

Kris Norris said...

Hmmm, I'm getting a weird feeling here that you don't like NASCAR. And here we were just beside the NASCAR hall of fame in Charlotte. We could have gone. I love Jeff Dunham's routine involving NASCAR. It's hysterical.

Gwendolyn Cease said...

I was just thinking about the NASCAR Hall of Fame!! Damn, I thought you liked it. I suppose I'll have to take the NASCAR ornament I got you back.