Friday, February 8, 2008

Where in the world is Bronwyn Green?


This is where I am tonight. Well, not just tonight, but for the rest of the weekend. It's the Gerber Guesthouse Bed and Breakfast in Fremont, MI (built in 1923) where Gerber Baby Food was invented.

Blogmates Jen Armintrout and Cheryl Sterling as well as nine other writers from our local RWA chapter are her for a weekend writing retreat. Unfortunately, our fearless leader, Brynn Paulin is home with her sick son and can't be here for the fun. We miss her. Lots.


The house is astounding. This is the exterior. The fountain is covered with several feet of snow and no one is interested in spending any time out there, but we've got the run of the inside. There are eleven guestrooms all with their own bathrooms, there's a ginormous kitchen, a formal dining room, living room, all season porch, informal dining room, and the piano room - that's where I am right now. In fact, I'm on the red velvet couch closet to the piano. It's gorgeous in here. Antiques everywhere. There's a china cabinent that wants to come home with me...think it'll fit in my purse?


This is my and Jen's room. I expect Jen to thoroughly bounce on the bed before we crash. There's already been booze (plonk for you Amarinda) a plenty. Jen and I hit the grocery store and stocked up. Already had something called Pomegrante Fusion...it was fabulous. I'm sure there will be more.
Okay...I play tour guide some more later, for now, on to the contest.
Eternally Yours Contest
What could you spend an eternity doing? What is your passion? Your hunger? Your deepest desire? Each day beginning February 5 and running through February 14 one of the ten authors will complete the line, "My darling I could spend eternity…" on either their blog or website. Collect all ten answers and e-mail them to anny@annycook.com with Eternally Yours in the subject line to win some hot, romantic books. There will be three lucky Valentine winners.
The prizes –
1st prize--5 books
2nd prize--3 books
3rd prize--2 books
Entries must be in by February 16 at midnight EST. All books and prize winners will be drawn randomly.
Sandra Cox Silverhills
Mona Risk To Love a Hero
Bronwyn Green Mystic Circle
Cindy Spencer Pape Stone and Earth
Elyssa Edwards Mating Stone
Amarinda Jones Shades of Gray
Kelly Kirch Time for Love
Anny Cook Honeysuckle

8 comments:

Brynn Paulin said...

Pretty!! I bet the fountain's not flowing tonight...at least not the one pictured.

Miss you guys. Have fun.

Unknown said...

What do you do on a writing retreat other than drink?

Unknown said...

Looks fab. I'm envious (even if it is a sin). Sounds like loads of fun.

Sandra Cox said...

Ooh,ooh, ooh. It looks absolutely lovely. Have a glorious time. Think of me setting in a basement typing. grin.
Sandra

Phoenix said...

I wanna come too~!! How beautiful and clearly they have internet access.

Tonight I have to go dress up in mardi gras stuffage and eat yummy cajun food, drink wine, dance (or if you're me, stand aside and watch dancers cause I SCARE people on the floor).

sterlingwriter said...

Hi from the other side of the rug!
Must. Stop. Talking. And. Write.

Molly Daniels said...

Can I come and play the piano while you guys write? Have fun:)

Anny Cook said...

Lovely house. Lovely idea. Michigan is far, far away...