Tuesday, February 12, 2008

ARGHHHHH!!!!

So not only am I done with winter, but apparently so is my car. Squishy (my cute little car) decided that it was really too much of an effort to start this morning. I had to drag a space heater out to the garage and aim it at the car to get it started and drive to to the car dealership and sit there for hours while they fixed the same thing they fixed less than two years ago.

Controlled Obsolescence pisses me off. A lot.

It pisses me off that I have to spend a lot of money on something that should last longer than two years. It pisses me off that things are only built to last a short while and then get thrown away. Yes, it gives companies much their desired money, but as my hippie mama used to say, "there's no such place as away." I sincerely doubt anyone is recycling this stuff. Grrrr Argh

On to things that don't take up space, need no recycling and are free - contest books!

Eternally Yours Contest

What could you spend an eternity doing? What is your passion? Your hunger? Your deepest desire? Each day beginning February 5 and running through February 14 one of the ten authors will complete the line, "My darling I could spend eternity…" on either their blog or website. Collect all ten answers and e-mail them to anny@annycook.com with Eternally Yours in the subject line to win some hot, romantic books. There will be three lucky Valentine winners.

The prizes –
1st prize--5 books
2nd prize--3 books
3rd prize--2 books

Entries must be in by February 16 at midnight EST. All books and prize winners will be drawn randomly.

Sandra Cox Silverhills
Mona Risk To Love a Hero
Brynn Paulin Tribute For the Goddess
Bronwyn Green Mystic Circle
Cindy Spencer Pape Stone and Earth
N.J. Walters Seduction of Shamus O’Rourke
Elyssa Edwards Mating Stone
Amarinda Jones Shades of Gray
Kelly Kirch Time for Love
Anny Cook Honeysuckle

9 comments:

barbara huffert said...

Squishy? There must be a story behind that one.

Sandra Cox said...

We'll have a short moment of silence for Squishy's illness. Glad he/she is feeling bettter:)

Brynn Paulin said...

Cars in general piss me off. So does driving right now...

I'm glad squishy is better.

Margaret Yang said...

I'm guessing the squishy thing is from "Finding Nemo."

Unknown said...

'Controlled Obsolescence pisses me off. A lot'....I like this line

Bronwyn Green said...

Margaret wins - Squishy is indeed from Finding Nemo, cause I heart me some Dorie and I heart my little car even though she's being temperamental.

I also heart Margaret's new picture - you are so cute!

anny cook said...

Best wishes for Squishy. I hope she stays well for a while now. Lack of recycling for all our technology will probably kill us.

Phoenix said...

Oh look at that! Hi Margaret, you are a cutie aren't you?

Maybe Squishy is a warm to moderate climate vehicle. Hmm? Did you ever take a Dorie and put her in a northern lake? What would happen? She'd DIE. So I'm impressed little Squishy can manage at all in the less-than-tropical region where you reside.

JH said...

Okay, maybe I'm off a little. I hate when my stuff?!? doesn't work like it's supposed to either. You should hit the service people up about a warranty. Shouldn't that sensor thingy work longer than two years? I think it should.