Monday, February 4, 2008

Catching Up

Feels like forever since I blogged - oh wait, it has been.

Let's see...Friday we had another snow day so there were lots of preadolescents and adolescents in my house all day. Well, actually there were only five, but it sure seemed like more at the time.

Saturyday was my oldest's soccer game (indoor in a freezing cold ice rink) and they played a team of cyborgs - either that or David Beckham is running a training camp in rural Michigan. Yeah, I thought the cyborgs seemed more likely, too.

Sunday, my sister and her partner brought me daffodils because they know how much I hate February. They're so pretty - all yellow and sunny. They cheered me up even after I lost my battle with gravity and tumbled down the basement stairs while trying to lug up laundry.

Note to self: Next house must have a dishwasher and main floor laundry facilities. Sigh...I'm such a klutz.

I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to Dakota Rebel who's first book Sweet Dreams released today.

I also wanted to say THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU to the fabulous Kelly Kirch for her awesome book review of Mystic Circle.

And last but not least...the Eternally Yours Contest starts tomorrow!

Eternally Yours Contest

What could you spend an eternity doing? What is your passion? Your hunger? Your deepest desire? Each day beginning February 5 and running through February 14 one of the ten authors will complete the line, "My darling I could spend eternity…" on either their blog or website. Collect all ten answers and e-mail them to anny@annycook.com with Eternally Yours in the subject line to win some hot, romantic books. There will be three lucky Valentine winners.

The prizes –1st prize--5 books

2nd prize--3 books

3rd prize--2 books

Entries must be in by February 16 at midnight EST. All books and prize winners will be drawn randomly.

Sandra Cox Silverhills
Mona Risk To Love a Hero
Brynn Paulin Tribute For the Goddess
Bronwyn Green Mystic Circle
Cindy Spencer Pape Stone and Earth
N.J. Walters Seduction of Shamus O’Rourke
Elyssa Edwards Mating Stone
Amarinda Jones Shades of Gray
Kelly Kirch Time for Love
Anny Cook Honeysuckle

8 comments:

Phoenix said...

Me, you're so silly and adorable. Mystic Circle was a wonderful book. It's one of my keepers so I had to tell everyone about it. Are you kidding??

There's nothing for the soccer issue unless you immediately start pumping steroids in them. It's the only way, I tell you. And this after leaving a comment on AJs blog how I don't do drugs. Nasty stuff.

Seriously, one guy at my brother's college had a hazing thing he had to do. He had to go buy 100 hits of acid on desolving strips. The nitwit rode his bike and didn't have pockets so he put them between his latex bike shorts and thigh. The guy lost his mind. He's in an institution and won't let anyone near him because he thinks he's a glass of orange juice and might spill. Funny! But so saaaad.

Anny Cook said...

Please tell us you're okay. Trips down the basement steps do not usually end well.

Unknown said...

Are you okay? Painful stuff that

Unknown said...

Thanks for the congrats!

I also hope you are ok. Take care of yourself.

XoXoXo
Dakota

Sandra Cox said...

Daffodils in February. Wondrous.
Sandra

Sandra Cox said...

Yikes, are you okay, Bron?
Sandra

Anny Cook said...

Just want to say that I just finished Mystic Circle and it was wonderful. More please.

Molly Daniels said...

Yikes! Having fallen down my steps once, I know how painful things can be for a few days. Hope you heal quickly:)