Thursday, February 7, 2008

Best. Medication Name. Ever.

The ultrasound results are back and everything looks pretty spiffy with my kidneys despite the fact that they're still not behaving. After a lovely visit with the doctor this afternoon where we commiserated about drug and insurance companies and the fact that his office staff is incapable of using an apostrophe correctly, he decided to try me on something new.

It's called...

wait for it...

Urispaz

Yes, it's pronounced you're a spaz.

My first question was whether or not it was a placebo. He insists that it's not, but we giggled about the name for many long and awkward minutes. Good times...good times. Here's hoping it's useful as well as amusing.

Hey...wanna win some books?

Eternally Yours Contest

What could you spend an eternity doing? What is your passion? Your hunger? Your deepest desire? Each day beginning February 5 and running through February 14 one of the ten authors will complete the line, "My darling I could spend eternity…" on either their blog or website. Collect all ten answers and e-mail them to anny@annycook.com with Eternally Yours in the subject line to win some hot, romantic books. There will be three lucky Valentine winners.

The prizes –
1st prize--5 books
2nd prize--3 books
3rd prize--2 books

Entries must be in by February 16 at midnight EST. All books and prize winners will be drawn randomly.

Sandra Cox Silverhills
Mona Risk To Love a Hero
Brynn Paulin Tribute For the Goddess
Bronwyn Green Mystic Circle
Cindy Spencer Pape Stone and Earth
N.J. Walters Seduction of Shamus O’Rourke
Elyssa Edwards Mating Stone
Amarinda Jones Shades of Gray
Kelly Kirch Time for Love
Anny Cook Honeysuckle

9 comments:

Brynn Paulin said...

LOL! Love the name...

Sandra Cox said...

Hey, Bron, let's hope your spaz medicine does the trick! Thinking of you, bud.
Sandra

Sommer Marsden said...

Holy crap! I had to take that once upon a time. It does work. But I suffered so because every damn time I took it the man would smile and say,

"Yep. You're a spaz..."
Grrr.
Glad you are feeling better.
You spaz, you :)
xoxo
S

Unknown said...

LOLOLOL. Hope you feel better soon.

Molly Daniels said...

Sometimes I wonder how they ever come up with those names...

Phoenix said...

Some pharmaceutical genius and his buddies shoved their glassed up the bridge of their noses and had a good snort over this. But could it be more aptly named?? I submit that it could not!!

I think they saw you coming, honey. But hey, at least your doctor has a great sense of humor over it. Mine likes to give high fives. And he's not 20, he's late 50s minimum. ooooodd.

Margaret Yang said...

LOL. Reminds me of a certain friend from high school....

Anny Cook said...

That's a new one to me and I'm thinking that's a very good thing as it means I haven't needed kidney medicine for a while. Yay!

My gosh, I hope it works like gang busters for you. Nothing worse that kidney probs.

Be well.

Unknown said...

I don't care for the name 'spaz' used in any connotation. No one should be called that ever