Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's Dean Day!


What's Dean Day? I'm so glad you asked. Well, Janna, and Pixie decided that Valentine's Day is now known as Dean Day, where all us Dean Girls get together and list ten things we love about Dean.

Now, for those of you who aren't familiar with the wonder that is Dean, lemme fill you in. Last April, when Brynn went away to RT and I stayed home, she very cleverly got me hooked on a show called Supernatural. She doled out discs to me like they were crack, and like a good little junkie, I wrote the prerequisite number of pages, got my Supernatural fix and went back to Brynn for a new disc. I crammed four seasons of Supernatural into four months and managed to write two and a half books while I was doing it. Dean is very good motivation. Hell, who am I kidding...so is Sam.

In a nutshell, Sam and Dean travel the US hunting ghosts, demons and a host of other Supernatural/urban legends. There's a series long plot line about their family, good vs. evil, belonging...okay, I could go on, but I won't. On to Dean Day! (And yes, for those of you who didn't already know, I'm a giant nerd.)

Other Dean Day participants are Janna, Pixiedust, Veronica, Savory Tv, ggs_closet, Sayuri, JoJo, Eliza Gayle, Donna Grant, Leontine, Stacy, Sagi, Fallon Blake and Bellie7.

My Dean's Day list - in no particular order.



















1.) Those eyes. Seriously - they're all bedroom-y and full of painful secrets. Yeah, it's that whole Dean-went-to-Hell wounded hero thing. Who doesn't love that? Also, they're green - my favorite color.















2.) Devotion to family - particularly Sam. Gotta love a guy who will do anything to protect the people he loves. And sometimes love means locking people up in a demon proof detox room.




















3.) Those lips. Those kissable, bite-able lips. Le sigh...

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/hot-list-jensen-ackles-1.jpg

4.) Love me some bad boy-ness. Never underestimate a guy that knows his way around weapons, rock salt, dead man's blood and iron...and also handy Latin banishing/binding phrases.

http://img.listal.com/image/521168/500full-jensen-ackles.jpg

5.) Copious use of sarcasm and the best one-liners. He always makes me laugh and it's no secret, I love a man who can make me laugh.










6.) His emotional depth. Underneath that bad boy, who gives a fuck exterior is a guy who feels things deeply even though ninety percent of the time he's trying to hide it. For some reason, I find that attractive. I'm not sure, but that may make me somewhat dysfunctional.

http://mizjerisa.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/jensen-ackles-20071106-335111.jpg

7.) He personifies the word hero. This is a guy that never gives up - ever. Even in the face of overwhelming odds...like say, a war between Heaven and Hell, he keeps fighting even though he's emotionally and physically exhausted.













8.) I love his laugh and his sense of playfulness.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2417/2268590858_ae43616cfe.jpg

9.) Love that adorable smile.















10.) Yes, at the risk of objectifying, this guy is just hot. Typically not my type, but yeah, he totally does it for me.

12 comments:

Leontine said...

Happy dean-Day to you too Bronwyn!!I ditto reason 1 through 10 why Dean is so very good. I'm having a crush on pic 5...oh man, Dean in his car looking so, so, ROWR

And kudos to Brynn for acquainting you with SPN *wicked grin*

Stacy~ said...

Love your list. He's quite he HOTTIE. But it's not just that, obviously, or we wouldn't love him so much.

Happy Dean Day!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your list Bronwyn and I have to agree with you on every point.

And your little Supernatural anecdote - crack? I had to laugh because that's exactly what it's like. Thanks for the awesome Dean fix ;)

Chris said...

*makes mental note to tell Jeanne to get her butt in gear and watch Supernatural Season 1 so she can return it to me so I can watch it* (I know, that's all kinds of backwards.)

Janna said...

Oh I love your 10 reasons list, Bron! And the pictures are delish :) That's so my... um... our Dean!
Brynn is quite a wonderful dealer ;) and the crack is really the best there is, isn't it?!

Happy Dean Day!

@Chris: You've gotta stop making mental notes and go over there and get those darn discs back. Now. Really!

Bells said...

Happy Dean Day Bronwyn! I have had so much fun reading your Dean list. And I love all the pics. I could stare at him all day! lol

Molly Daniels said...

I heart pics 3, 7, and 9! LOVE his lips...

Bronwyn Green said...

@ Leontine - I lurve that picture. ROWR is really the only word for it! :D

I'm super grateful to Brynn - even more so, because we don't get the CW so she invites me over every Thursday night to hang out with her and her hubby and watch the boys. It's good to have friends who understand your addiction!

@ Stacy - you're right - it's so much more than looks. :)

@ Fallon - I'm so happy to share a Dean fix with you. We junkies need to stick together. ;)

Bronwyn Green said...

@ Chris - That's way backwards, babe. Invite her (and the discs) over and watch them together. Maybe you'll even finish that pair of unending socks!

@ Janna - I'm so glad you pimped Dean Day on your blog. This has been so much fun!

@ Bells - I'm so glad you stopped by. :) I'm so with you at staring all day...unfortunately, it's not getting me any closer to that darn deadline.

@ Molly - It was so hard picking favorite pictures for this post - lol. Do you watch Supernatural? If not, I (obviously) recommend it, but you'll definitely want to start with season one!

Sayuri said...

Aww, is it wrong to say I love Dean's but crack. You can just about see it in that last pic! LOL

Where is everyone finding all these great pictures. I srsly need to go looking!

Happy Dean!day

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of the show, but my kids never miss an episode:)

Molly

Unknown said...

I don't like Dean in quite the same way y'all do... but Supernatural does kick ass. (Sommer Marsden got me hooked.) I only wish it had been on TV when my little brother and I were kids. We would've played Dean and Sam every day after school. Brothers roaming the country in an old muscle car hunting demons? Pretty much what we wanted to be when we grew up. Oh well. I've done some roaming with him, and I've got an old car. And I suppose working for The Man could be considered a battle against the forces of evil...