Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Riding in Cars with Boys - Part Fourteen

Today on the way to school, we were discussing Halloween and costumes.

Corwin: I need a Russian accent for my costume.

Me: Beg your pardon?

Corwin: My costume needs a Russian accent. The guy is Russian.

Me: You realize they don't come prepackaged, right?

Corwin: Duh, mother. I have to develop one. Why don't we have an accent?

Me: We do. It's called a midwestern accent.

Corwin: Well, I'd rather have an Irish accent or a Scottish one.

Me: You and me both.

Corwin: I wonder what the girls at school would think if I had an accent.

Me: They'd probably love it. Trust me - girls dig accents.

Corwin: Memo to me: must get accent, soon.

Yep...that's the one I have.

15 comments:

Patricia Kiyono said...

Fun! Can't wait to hear what accent he comes up with.

Chris said...

You'll have to keep us updated on his progress - I'm sure it will be amusing. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your boys although I can only remember meeting them one and just for a moment. You make me realize what we can look forward to with our grandson. Peg

Lucia said...

Y'all have to keep us update on his prawgress! (said with a southern drawl)

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see what he comes up with! :)

Mia Watts said...

LOL, Corwin! He's full of win. :) I'm just impressed that he wanted to know what the girls would think of it, and not what the zombies would think.

Tessie Bradford said...

The girls would probably enjoy a nice British accent!

Stephanie Michels, author said...

Okay, when I first read this, I thought Corwin said he'd rather have an Irish setter accent. I think I really, really, really need my coffee.

Margaret Yang said...

Oh goody, it's Riding in Cars, the next generation!

ilana said...

I think this can be of help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQWLv7ukNXM
There are several words in English in Very Russian accent hidden in this clip.

gigis said...

LOL...love it!

Gigi

Tess Grant said...

You are so right--girls dig accents!

JacquƩline Roth said...

I swear I wait eagerly for these. They remind me of the conversations I have with my boys...only since they are my students, they're a bit more edited. Right now I'm trying to make them believe girls aren't really impressed by farting. They just don't get it.

Kim said...

hes Right. Amber & Ashley Love Russian accents.

Lucia said...

I watched ORPHAN on the weekend and the little girl/woman in the movie had a russian accent, I think watching her would help.