Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pirate, Gypsy...Caitlin

Today is Cait's birthday. She's twenty-six, this year. For those of you keeping track at home, that's eighteen years between us. Our mom calls us her bookends. I'm the oldest, Cait's the youngest and there's nothing but boys between us.

I was so freaking excited when she was born. After three brothers and two step-brothers, I was dying for a sister. Not that I don't adore all of my brothers - I do. I really have some awesome ones. But, I still always wanted a sister.

It's probably a good thing there are eighteen years between us. This way we end up being not only sisters but the best of friends. If we were any closer in age, we probably would have killed each other.

She's one of the most amazing people I know, and I'm surrounded by them on all sides. Brilliant, a stickler for historical and grammatical accuracy, hysterically funny, kind (though she'd probably argue that) a natural with kids and a fantastic writer with a voice like a booze-soaked angel. This girl can sing. She's got a big, gorgeous voice that carries for miles. Also, she spontaneously breaks into song. I love that.

These words don't even begin to do her justice. I wish I could somehow share a little Cait with everyone. I think the world would be a better place. I know mine is far better because of her.

I love you, Didder! Happy Birthday to my girlie! You are the best!




7 comments:

Jess Jarman said...

Happy birthday to Cait!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Cait!

Chris said...

Happy birthday, Cait!

Jason said...

Happy Birthday, Cait! Have a great one!!

Margaret Yang said...

I remember the day she was born! It was the first time I'd ever heard the name Caitlin. I thought it was so unusual and pretty. I never thought your mom would be starting a trend.

Happy birthday, Caitlin!

Mia Watts said...

Happy Birthday, Cait! I love the last pic. I think I've seen that piratical look in your eye(s) before. LOL.

Kenzie Michaels said...

Happy birthday Cait:)