Monday, September 26, 2011

Can you help?

The Barefoot Foodie, a.k.a Brittany Gibbons, is hands down one of my favorite bloggers. I love that she's not afraid to address things like parenting, marriage, mental health and body image with honesty and humor. She never fails to make me think, laugh or cry - sometimes all three at once.

Anyway, this isn't so much about Brittany as it is about her cousin, Colie. Colie and her 11 year old son lost everything they owned in a house fire two days ago. They also lost several of their beloved pets. I'm heartbroken for them.

Please go to Brittany's blog and see if there's anything you can do to help. Spreading the word is greatly appreciated. So often, when there's so much awful shit happening in the world, it often seems like anything little bit of positivity we might have to offer seems pointless in the face of so much pain. But it's not. Each little bit helps. Even if all you can manage is to hold the door for someone at work, please do it. I know this is gonna sound all crunchy-granola-hippie-love-fest but I honestly believe that each positive act builds on the one before it and that kindness and love really do have the potential to change the world.

So please, be kind. Help change the world. And if you can, please help Colie and her son.

And hey, this just occurred to me while I was in the shower - if you donate, there's a book in it for you. Either send me a note to bronwyn@bronwyngreen.com or leave me a comment with your email address, your choice of one of my (single author) ebooks and the format you'd prefer. And no, you don't need to let me know how much - just let me know that you did. :)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, how sad! :( And how scary...

Brittany said...

Thank you so much for posting this! You make me all warm and mushy inside!