Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Waxing...when will I learn?

Knowing that there are scads of holiday parties coming up and knowing that my eyebrows looked like they might require a weed wacker, I decided to get my brows waxed Monday.




Usually, it's not a big deal. There's a little redness for a day or two and that's it. Not so, this time. There's a swath of burned skin above my brows. Worse, there are several layers of skin missing below my brows and my right eye is bruised and puffy.




I look a lot like I slammed my face in the car door. Needless to say, I won't be going back to that place. Sigh....


Oh look...Bush is having a press conference.

I think this picture pretty much sums up my

feelings on the subject.




9 comments:

Brynn Paulin said...

Your eyebrows didn't look bad in the first place!!!

Phoenix said...

Are you freakin' crazy?! Next time go to the pharmacy or Walgreens and buy Nads. It's not heated up and works very well. (Aussie alert. Yes, AJ, I know it's an Aussie brand) Oh, that just hurts to read!

Bron, did you go to my blog on the Sunday slot yet? My cat's posted. Wanted to share.

Bronwyn Green said...

I did, Fred. I saw Callie and cutie-cutie P. Love the way that girl's mind works.

Bronwyn Green said...

I'll have to try the NADS - hell, duct tape has got to better than this. :(

Unknown said...

Yes, Aussie's rule the world. I use wax strips - wack them on and rip 'em off. The pain makes your eyes water but real women can handle it

sterlingwriter said...

Here's a little musical treat to cheer you up (unless you think about wax vegetables.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpfYt7vRHuY

JacquƩline Roth said...

I must just have a hide of leather because waxing has never bothered me. A bit of a sting that makes me wince, but it's never hurt that much. I have a friend who let them take one strip on her leg, yelled stop and had a bruise on her leg for two weeks from it. Like I said, I must have skin like leather.

Margaret Yang said...

Tweezers. All you need are tweezers.

Anny Cook said...

I have Nads. Haven't tried it, but if it works, I'll get out the jar and have a whack at it later today. After FLEs...

Everything is after FLEs.