Thursday, December 13, 2007

I heart vengeful barbers.





I had the greatest night last. I spent the evening with Brynn Paulin, Jennifer Armintrout and Cheryl Sterling and thanks to Brynn's most awesome husband, we went to see the sneak preview of Sweeny Todd.

I admit to having very healthy fascination with Johnny Depp, Alan Rickman and Helena Bonham Carter (girl crush!) so I was pretty excited about seeing it, but holy cow, it was so much better than I'd anticipated. I loved it! It was freaking fabulous! The costuming and sets were excellent, the cinematography perfectly eerie - Tim Burton at his best.


During "The Worst Pies in London," Brynn leaned over and suggested that should be the theme song for my kitchen. Alas, she's probably right. My favorite number was "A Little Priest" - it was delightfully macabre not to mention hilarious. I really loved "By the Sea," too - so funny!



Alan Rickman does evil better than anyone on the planet and I can now add Judge Turpin to my list of all time favorite Rickman villains - the top spots going to his portrayal of Hans Gruber in the first Die Hard movie, The Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood and of course Snape. the man is pure evil genius, sexy as hell and I love him for it.






Johnny Depp...what can I say? He was brilliant in the role and is singing voice was wonderful. I can't imagine anyone else doing a better job. Helena Bonham Carter was fabulous - of course, when is she not? If you like your humor (and musical numbers) dark, do NOT miss this movie!

The Twelve Days of Romance Contest is half way over - have you been collecting your answers? Remember, 12 books, 12 days, 12 answers!
Deadline for answers is December 21st at midnight EST.There will be three lucky winners. The prizes –1st prize--6 books 2nd prize--4 books 3rd prize--2 books. All books and prize winners will be drawn randomly.

Anny Cook Winter Hearts
Sandra Cox Boji Stones
Bronwyn Green Ronan’s Grail
Heather Hiestand Cards Never Lie
Barbara Huffert Deal of a Lifetime
Amarinda Jones Mad About Mirabelle
Kelly Kirch Time for Love
Cindy Spencer Pape Cowboy’s Christmas Bride
Roth Access Denied
KZ Snow Mrs. Claws
Lacey Thorn Earth Moves




4 comments:

Stephanie Michels said...

Wow, Bronwyn, first the Tooth Reaper. Now, Sweeney Todd. I'm beginning to see a theme here. Grin.

Seriously, it sounds like the movie was great. Glad the Fab Four got a chance to go out together and see it.

- Stephanie

Unknown said...

When has Johnny Depp been anything less than brilliant in a movie?

Katie Blu said...

I'm a Depper myself. Good review. I reckon I ought to go see for myself.

Brynn Paulin said...

We'll if you didn't have the saying, "dinner's ready when the smoke alarm goes off, I wouldn't say that."