Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Good Stuff

In the comments of the last blog post, Tough Love Jen kindly pointed tout that it's not all bad around here. Good stuff has definitely happened.

For instance, my mama (who is super awesome) just celebrated a huge milestone - her thirtieth year at the university where she teaches! I was her date last night at the faculty convocation which included a lovely (and very fancy) meal. I'm not going to lie - it was a little intimidating being seated with that many people with doctorate degrees, research grants and awards. But everyone was very nice. And a couple of the guys were hilarious.

So let's see, other good stuff - I'm healing nicely from my fall, my kids have done and turned in all their homework, and the really exciting news - I've lost 15 pounds!

I'm making a lot of little changes this year that I'm hoping will add up to big things by the end.
So far, so good!

So what good things are happening in your life? Share! :)

5 comments:

Lexie Bay said...

Yay you that's brilliant!! I'm joining you in making little changes, this year is going to be fabulous:) xx

Chris said...

Yay!! :)

Patricia Kiyono said...

Hooray for the good stuff! I'm so happy for you. And congrats to your mom! She's awesome too.

Margaret Yang said...

Yayy, you!

Yayyy, your awesome mom!

I'm picking up guitar again. I need to make music.

World Famous said...

it's a very good stuff..
Actual Exams