Monday, December 26, 2011

It's done!!! I finished the Stocking of Doom!!!

Many of you know that I've been working on what I've affectionately dubbed The Stocking of Doom for my new sister-in-law. It's not a secret that I'm not a fan of pink...or orange, but Anne is. She wanted a fairy in those colors and she wanted it to look more like her with a darker skin tone - more Native American.

I'm here to tell you that DMC doesn't give a lot of floss options when it comes to non-caucasian skin tone, so...I did the best I could. But in the meanwhile, hey DMC - how about more variety, please?

So this is my color palette, including the backing fabric. You can scroll down to see the progress and the finished stocking. I'd forgotten how fun it is to use seed beads and bugle beads on a project. I'll probably be doing that again in the relatively near future.

Now everyone in the family has his/her own stockings and all is right with my world. This is number 17. Whew!

























15 comments:

Patricia Kiyono said...

Beautiful! I love watching the progression. You have inspired me to take out a cross stitch project - as soon as I finish this blasted story. Thanks for sharing.

Sidney Ayers said...

I don't think it's ugly at all. Then again, I love faeries. I wish I could cross stitch like that . :)

SusanR said...

WOW - that is amazing! I am so not talented like that. I bow down to your awesomeness!! :)

molli said...

OMG, that is amazing! I can't do counted cross stitch if my life depended on it. I need the pre printed.
hugs
molli

Jenny Trout said...

Your awesomeness is not in doubt, but I will not tell a lie... something is desperately wrong with that faery. Not your stitching, of course, that is, as always, artful.

Tess Grant said...

Looks pretty darn good to me! I would show that baby off.

Chris said...

Lucky lucky Anne - that is stunning!!

zOMG! Best veri word ever: flogic. Have we talked about flogic before? Flawed logic? :D

Unknown said...

Wow..it's beautiful.

BA Tortuga said...

How beautiful! Go you for finishing! (I'm still 3 hats down on the Christmas gifts...)

Marianne Strnad said...

It's really beautiful Bron-you should be very proud & satisfied with it. It sounds like the "customer" got exactly what she wanted!

Joselyn Vaughn said...

That is beautiful! I started 2 stockings more than a decade ago and never finished them, so I am even more impressed that you have finished so many.

Stephanie Michels, author said...

If I change my name to Anne, can I have this beautiful PINK stocking? I love it.

Margaret Yang said...

Gorgeous! Lucky, lucky Anne!

Jamie Chester said...

Wow. You did a great job. That is beautiful.

Simone Anderson said...

Stunning! You do great work! It turned out wonderful! I love working with beads! Love the picture progression. Thanks.