Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Still Recovering

Last week, the lovely Carol Lynne came to visit. She stayed at Brynn's and we all hung out and had a great time. At 5 am on Saturday, we drove to Ohio for the last little bit of the RT conference.

We went to the book fair. It was huge, poorly ventilated and crowded as hell, but still fun. I got to meet Carolyn Crane - she's freaking adorable and so nice, Jim Butcher - stood around forever waiting for him to sign a book for Matt, but he was very nice (and I'm pretty fond of my husband, so totally worth it,) Leanna Renee Hieber - who was just the sweetest thing. I also got a chance to meet Holly Black and Laura Bickle. I can't wait to read all my new books - you know...sometime when I'm caught up on work. *SOB*

I met with my RP editor which was great! I talk to her on the phone all the time, so it was wonderful to meet in person! We had lunch with some of Carol's readers and later went to the TEB party which was pretty freaking awesome! The owner and her administrative assistant hung out in our room with us afterward and talked - as did the lovely Genella deGrey, who I finally got a chance to meet in person.

The next morning, there was coffee, more chatting with editors, lunch and then we got back on the road for another 6 hours. I was beat. Now, I have to catch up on all my neglected work and try to get laundry done so Matt has clean clothes to take to Russia and clean my hideous train wreck of a house before company comes.

Who needs sleep?

7 comments:

Chris said...

I feel tired just reading about your busyness. I don't suppose a sympathetic nap from me would help? ;)

Kris Norris said...

I'm with Chris. I thought I was tired before and foolishly thought reading a blog or two would help wake me up. Guess that idea has been shot down.

Sounds like a great time. At least you have a good reason to be exhausted. I wish I could have come. I got to spend my weekend in Port Alberni at a soccer tournament...and it rained...

Yup, I'm living the dream. Glad you had a great time.
hugs

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

I'm still wiped out too, but I'm SO glad you came down!

Genella deGrey said...

A handsome man recently told me just before sunrise, that sleep is over-rated.
Sweet.
:)
G.

PS - I was THRILLED to meet my amazing friend Bronwyn, too!
(((HUGS)))

Anny Cook said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all! Now...Happy Mother's Day!

Regina Carlysle said...

Sounds like you had a blast, despite the long drive. I think it's so fun to finally put faces to names.

Stacey said...

Wish I could've made your roll call! I'm already planning on LA, a bit easier of a flight for me!

Hopefully you're all rested up and ready to tackle your usual schedule!