Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Apps! Glorious apps!



This week, Jess Jarman and I are blogging about our favorite apps. Jess' post is here. Check out here addictions.

Oh, so many apps, but I’ll try to narrow it down to my absolute favorites. These aren’t really in any particular order, but I use them all daily. 

Shop Shop – Okay, so this is a glorified shopping list – however, it keeps my brain straight. In my family, if there’s something that you need me to pick up from the store, you’d best go to my phone and enter it in the Shop Shop app, otherwise, mama’s not getting it. 

However, having your shopping list on your phone can cause some issues. Once I was shopping and I was being one of those annoying people who talks on their phone in the store. Well, I was pushing my cart and chatting and I started looking all over for my list. My list that was on my phone. As I frantically digging through my purse, I said to my friend, “Shit! I can’t find my phone!” Friend, also clearly not thinking says, “Oh my gosh! When did you have it last?” It took us both almost another thirty seconds to realize that I was holding it. Up to my ear. 

Yeah…so there’s that. This is my current list. As you can see, Killian would really like me to buy some bacon.





Nature Sound – This is one I primarily use on my iPad at night. It’s an app that has over a hundred different nature and white noise sounds. It’s also got a soundboard where you can mix sounds. I *need* white noise in order to fall asleep. It’s usually a mix of rain, thunder and crackling fire. This app is amazing and I love it. Yeah, it’s simple, but dude, I love to sleep, and this helps me do that.


Words With Friends – Yeah…okay. It’s glorified Scrabble, but I love it. It’s relaxing and a lovely way to start my morning while I’m waiting for hubs to get out of the shower. 
Kindle – I. Love. My. Kindle. App. LOVE IT. I have hundreds of books on there. I can read whatever I’m in the mood for whenever I want. Okay, that’s a lie. I can’t read while I’m driving. And it’s a terrible idea for me to read while I’m cooking because bad food things happen to supper. 

Dropbox – This is especially handy for sending photos from my phone to my computer. It makes my life so much easier. 
 

Pinterest – I adore Pinterest – it’s great stress relief for me to look at pretty places and things. Sometimes I need a little stress relief while I’m waiting in the never ending car pool lane, so it’s great to have this on my phone and iPad. 

Tumblr – See above. 


Facebook – Also see above. Seriously...I hate being bored. 



Twitter – I like to be able to connect even if I’m not home. 


Interval Timer Seconds – It’s a fabulous tabata timer for exercising. God knows *I* can’t count, so I rely on my phone to do it for me. 


T-Zero – I’m a huge fan of countdowns. I love them. T-Zero is fabulous little countdown timer that counts days, months, hours, minutes and seconds. For instance, according to T-Zero, in 136 Days: 11 Hours: 52 Minutes and 12 Seconds I’ll be at the best writers retreat on the planet. 



 So...what are your favorite apps? Which ones do you use everyday.

5 comments:

Chris said...

I have an Android phone and tablet.

Tumblr
Dropbox - where all my ebooks are
Moon Reader Pro - ebook reader that saves your reading position in Dropbox, so you can pick up reading on your phone where you left off on your tablet, etc.
Reversi
Solitaire
NHL GameCenter - for keeping track of hockey games
WhatsApp - free international chatting
MightyText - for texting on my phone while using my tablet
Find Me GlutenFree - finding restaurants with gluten free menu options
gReader Pro - much better than the Feedly app for reading blogs
Pocket - keeping track of all sorts of nagging details, like passwords and login ids and insurance policy numbers, etc.

Ok, I'll stop now. :D

Jess Jarman said...

I TOTALLY forgot to put my nature sounds/white noise app on my post. It's an app on my ipad I use every single night. The best is when the hubby sits up and asks, confused, is it thundering? In January?? :-D Go back to sleep, honey.

Bronwyn Green said...

@Chris Ooohhhh... I need to see if WhatsApp is available for iPhone! And also, Pocket! Thanks, Chris! :D

@Jess - LOL! We have that same thing over here! :D

Molly Daniels said...

As I just commented on Jess's...I love my amazon, Facebook, Twitter, and GoodReads apps on my Kindle Fire:)

Bronwyn Green said...

@Molly - For some reason, Facebook has been majorly misbehaving on my iPad, lately. It's pissing me off.