Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's Resolutions and Other Awesome Stuff.

Well, it's that time of year, and I'm trying to make some resolutions that I can stick to as opposed to failing miserably and wallowing in guilt starting in November when I realize I've failed miserably and have no chance in hell of catching up. My goals are posted over at Writer's Evo.

One of the best resolution related posts I've read in ages is here, by one of my favorite authors, Maggie Steifvater. Really, go read it! It's fantastic!

I have to say I've gotten some of the most amazing reviews lately from a brand new review site that I just LOVE. Okay, I know what you're thinking. Obviously I'm gonna love a review site the loves my books, right? Well, *scuffing toe in the dirt* yeah. But also, no.

Often times when we get reviews, they're just a line or two after a huge rehashing of the plot in which crucial spoilers are given away. And sometimes, despite the rating system, you're left wondering if the reviewer actually liked your book.

Not so at Miz Love & Crew Love Books! These are in depth reviews with no spoilers, a discussion of what worked and what didn't and snippets of some of the reviewers favorite bits. I love me some Miz Love & Crew. If you have a book you'd like reviewed, please don't hesitate to drop them a note. These reviewers are passionate about books.

I'd like to share some of my shiny new reviews! Cuffed and Dangerous. Just Right. Maggie's Mates and Immortal Curse. (Yay, I made her cry with the last one! :D)

6 comments:

Genella deGrey said...

Huzzah to review sites that don't give away your entire plot!!

I'll keep them in mind, Bron!

XOXOX
G.

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Nice! Happy New Year and thanks for the link to Miz Love! Sweet reviews, Bron.

Chris said...

Yay for happy shiny reviews!

Maria D. said...

Very good post and thanks for the posting about Maggie Steifvater's post as it was great!

Anonymous said...

Just finished Maggie's Mates and really liked it. Gave it a 4 at Good reads. Thanks for the contest. I would love to try From the Ruins and Solstice Seduction. Thanks, Sherri B. at sherrib61@msn.com

anny cook said...

Love the Miz Love site, too!