Sunday, June 15, 2008

Crazymakers


My friend Margaret introduced me to the term, Crazymakers. Crazymakers are the people in your life who make you crazy - you love them, but they drive you nuts.

Today, I was at a Father's Day gathering for my Dad, discussing an upcoming family vacation with another family member. We were talking about visiting the haunted lighthouse at Whitefish Bay in Michigan's Upper Peninsula when my family member said (and I quote) "Maybe it'll give you some ideas so you can write a real book...you know...one with a plot."

Yes indeed...you heard it here, first. Apparently my fake books are void of plot.

I'm thinking that there may be another freaking ghost at Whitefish Bay by the time our vacation ends.

6 comments:

Anny Cook said...

I shall come up there and help you "convince" your family member that you are a real writer with a "real" plot!

Jenny Trout said...

I would have punched them straight in the balls. Especially if they were elderly. And a lady.

Margaret Yang said...

That is bad, bad, bad.

I first learned the term "crazymaker" from Julia Cameron's book, The Artist's Way. Crazymakers will always, always make you crazy, all the time, but not on purpose. They honest to dog think they are "doing you some good."

Like this dork to whom you are so unfortunately related. Probably thought he (he?) was helping.

Pass me a rock, will you?

Phoenix said...

Okay, I confess that I laughed at that. But I suspect that jr wouldn't know plot if it bit his bum. Ya know, that lighthouse would do well with another ghost.

Unknown said...

LOL. Don't worry about the crazy makers. It sounds like a title for a Stephen King book, btw. Or maybe one for you. Or the "Ghost of ..."

On my recent vacation, my aunt said twice, you could write a book about this. Well, I did. One was already written (about a high school reunion) and the other with family genealogy. However, I don't think she had erotic romances and particularly not an erotic M/M romance in mind. People should be more careful around us. :)

Anny Cook said...

Hello??? Bronwyn are ya okay??? Oh Bronwyn....